SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS STRATEGY
Managing Board, Executive Board and Board of Directors adopt strategic business plans in accordance with the economic and social trends on the local and global level. Plans for youth employment, environmental protection and support to community are integral parts of the development strategy.
Strategic business plans of each member of Delta Holding are adopted with the aim of improving not only financial results, but social and ecological standards as well. All levels of management, together with employees, participate in their preparation. The Company adopts a strategy for a period of 5 years and revises it once a year at a strategy workshop, in view of the changes occurring in the Company and its external environment. Strategy workshops are organized in all departments of Delta Holding’s member companies. The Management defends revised plans with its associates before the Executive Board at a Strategy Council. The Executive Board adopts strategic plans, whereas the Managing Boards gives the final approval.
Strategic plans of member companies in the following five years are focused on:
Delta Agrar Group
- Increase in the production of club apple varieties in new and existing orchards;
- Implementation of new, sustainable technologies in fruit growing;
- Production of new vegetable varieties;
- Increase in the production of seed maize and sunflower;
- Expansion of the partnership network through education of individual primary producers;
- Production of high-quality animal feed for sale and Delta Agrar’s needs;
- Investments in irrigation systems which are to enable intensive crop farming;
- Expansion of precision agriculture which contributes to optimal consumption of resources and reduction of adverse effect on the environment.
- Factories of the Food Processing Group are planning to make significant investments in the production and enhancement of product quality.
Delta Real Estate Group
- Construction of Mix Use concepts at two locations in Belgrade, which will include a residential area, as well as business and commercial premises;
- Construction of distribution center for the new e-commerce company Ananas;
- Construction of a hotel and office space in 20th Block in New Belgrade;
- Construction of a shopping mall in Sarajevo with a residential area.
- Import and sale of BMW, Mini and Honda vehicles and increase of market share;
- Distribution of new brands of consumer goods and increase of the market share of the existing brands;
- Market share increase in domestic and international transport;
Chief sustainability officer and experts for the given areas in member companies are in charge of adoption and implementation of the strategy of corporate social responsibility, environmental protection, improvement of social and ethical standards in the Company and inclusion of stakeholders. These strategies are an integral part of the business strategy of each member company. Chief sustainability officer reports to senior vice president of strategy and development on the implementation of the said strategies. Projects devised to tackle identified social challenges in the community are realized by Delta Foundation with the support of the CEO, i.e. senior vice president of finance and economy, vice president of strategy and development, and chief sustainability officer.
Primary goals for the following five years remain the same:
- Energy efficiency management:
- Switching to alternative energy sources wherever possible;
- Implementation of LEED standard in the construction of new buildings;
- Inspection of the existing systems;
- Waste management:
- Reduction of the quantity of generated and placed waste;
- Increase in the percentage of recycled generated waste from 70% to 100%;
- Reduction of CO2 emission in transport through selection of optimal routes and use of modern vehicles with engines that reduce gas emission;
- Optimal usage of natural resources – primarily water;
- Introduction of SMETA and ISO45000 standards in all members;
- Educating suppliers on the implementation of sustainable development principles:
- Educating partners about GlobalGap standard with the aim of increasing sustainability of production;
- Evaluation of the implementation of sustainability principles;
- Supporting the community:
- Educating individual agricultural producers about modern agricultural production with the aim of preserving Serbian villages (through the project “Our Village”);
- Supporting startups through Delta Business Incubator;
- Supporting the families that are faced with the risk of being separated, through Delta’s project “Third Parent”;
- Supporting youth in the acquisition of new skills that help them find employment;
- Organization of work practices for persons with disabilities;
- Supporting the community in extraordinary circumstances;
- Employee development
- Investments in employee satisfaction;
- Fostering the culture of non-discrimination;
- Youth employment through the program “Young Leaders”;
- Employment of persons with disabilities.
Stakeholders (employees, buyers, suppliers, investors, and other representatives of the community) participate in the adoption of strategies. All employees are included in the preparation of strategic plans and determination of sustainability priorities. For external stakeholders, the Company organizes annual questionnaires to survey satisfaction with the quality of products and services, and maintains open communication channels (email addresses, call centres, guestbooks) through which external stakeholders may express their opinion about the operation of the Company anytime. Their opinion is integrated in development and strategic plans.
The Company regularly informs all stakeholders about development plans and business results at press conferences, via social networks, its official website and internal portal.